Six-Figure Affiliate Marketing Strategies
The Internet lifestyle is something that’s appealing to a lot of people. Unfortunately many don’t know where to start.
Starting in 2006, I built a business around what’s called “affiliate marketing.”
Affiliate marketing is not easy. But there are many proven strategies which will put you on the path towards success.
The goal of this page is to provide an overview of affiliate marketing and what I do to earn a significant yearly income from a single, tiny business.
Here’s a quick definition of affiliate marketing:
“ An affiliate marketer is someone who promotes a product or service in exchange for monetary compensation. In a way, it’s like being an online salesperson. Your job is to convince a person (or a group of people) that a particular product is beneficial. If they make a purchase, you receive a sales commission.
I like affiliate marketing because it’s a straight-forward business model. It doesn’t cost much to get started. Plus you can set up a website in only a few hours. Really… it’s a business model that offers a wide range of opportunities you don’t get with other income strategies.
Want to know more?
If so, subscribe to my exclusive newsletter and grab my report: 111 Affiliate Marketing Strategies for a Six-Figure Income
There are countless affiliate marketing strategies. My preferred method is to build a top-notch email list and promote affiliate offers to subscribers. Here is a breakdown of how to do this:
Here’s an explanation of each section on this diagram:
- Email List (blue): The heart of your affiliate marketing system is the email list. This is where you demonstrate value in a specific niche and build a solid relationship with subscribers. Your #1 goal is to get as many email subscribers as possible. So it’s important to structure everything you do online towards list building.
- Emails #1 to Infinity (green): The emails you send to subscribers is how you make money with affiliate marketing. But you shouldn’t try to monetize each message. Instead you’ll provide excellent content while subtly weaving in solid quality offers. Ultimately this is the best way to get long-term results with your list.
- Content Site (Blog) (yellow): Your affiliate marketing business needs a home. And the best tool to use is a blog. Nobody will join your email list unless you demonstrate authority first. With a blog you create market-related articles that attract people who are interested in your niche.
- YouTube/Podcasting (yellow): Nowadays, people want multimedia content. They want audio. They want images. And they want videos. Fulfill this need in your market and you’ll position yourself as someone worth following. My advice is to create lots of multimedia content. Then direct people back to your blog and email list.
- Guest Posting (yellow): One way to get noticed in a niche is to regularly guest post on other sites. Again, it’s important to use this strategy to send traffic to both your email list and blog.
- Social Media / Networking / SEO (purple): The best content in the world doesn’t matter if nobody knows about it. That’s why you need to build a strong presence on sites like Google+, Twitter, and Facebook. In addition, you need to target specific keyword phrases that people type into Google to find information. Do all of these strategies and you’ll generate a lot of web traffic.
Personally I don’t like to use words like easy or instant when it comes to affiliate marketing. But I’ve figured a way to run a simplistic system that doesn’t require too many moving parts.
Bottom line. Your goal as an affiliate marketer is to:“ Build a niche-specific list, send great emails, and market the occasional affiliate offer!
Get this right and you’ll generate a six-figure income.
First, you should start by picking the right niche. This is the market that you’ll focus on. To be honest, niche selection is a lengthy process. That’s why I recommend you check out my free PDF: THE Affiliate Research Formula for more info.
Next, you should set up a website. Again, this a lengthy process if you’ve never done it before. So go check out my page: How to Start your First Website.
Finally,you need a step-by-step blueprint. That’s why I spent over four-months mapping out the techniques I personally use to generate a six-figure affiliate business. You can learn more by checking out my 8-part course called: Affiliate Marketing without the B.S.
In addition to my product, I’ve also written extensively on the subject of affiliate marketing. This topic is one of my passions; so you’ll find a wealth of information on this blog.
To start, read these posts that give an overview of my ‘affiliate philosophy.’ You’ll notice they’re different than the get rich quick promises that most people discuss:
- 10 Reasons You Should Become an “Authority” Affiliate Marketer
- Why You Should Focus on a SINGLE Niche
- How I Would Start Over with Affiliate Marketing
I use email marketing to create a six-figure affiliate income. Honestly, I think this is the best tactic for creating long-term success. (It’s what works for me!) So check out these posts to learn how to start an email list:
- Start an Email List with a Lead Magnet Offer
- Why It’s Important to Split-Test your Squeeze Page
- 23 Split Tests to Increase Your Opt-In Rates
- How to Build an Affiliate Autoresponder Sequence without “Burning” a List
- 14 Ways to Increase Email Profits
- How Often Should You Send Email to a List?
- How to Mix Broadcast Messages with Autoresponders
- 8 “Minimalist Blog Tricks” to Build a Massive Email List
Like many folks, I knew very little about computers when I started online. I worked hard and dedicated myself to the learning process. It wasn’t easy, but it was well worth the effort.
What’s my point?
I think anyone is capable of building a successful affiliate business. I’ve listed a few places to get started. But it’s now up to YOU.
Take Action. Get Results.
PS – Want a shortcut to affiliate marketing success?
If so, grab my report: 111 Affiliate Marketing Strategies for a Six-Figure Income