Authority Internet Business Case Study (or How to Build a Successful Kindle Publishing Business)
Welcome to the Authority Internet Business (AIB) case study (which now primarily focuses on Kindle publishing.)
Originally, this series was intended to show what it’s like to build a long-term Internet business from scratch. The core example of this case study is a website I started in April 2013 (DevelopGoodHabits.com).
Things have changed because of the success of my Kindle books. Now I mostly talk about how to start an authority platform and use it to generate income through self-publishing.
To make things simple, I’ve broken the articles down into specific sections:
You need a solid platform to be successful with Kindle publishing. In this section, I talk about the “why” behind my decision to focus on the habits market and how I built this platform.
READ THIS FIRST: An Overview of the Authority Internet Business
- 7 Simple Steps to Identifying a Profitable Authority Niche
- How to Start a Blog in One Hour – Free PDF (“Right Click” to Download)
- How to Choose a Memorable Domain Name
- How to Start a New Website for $587.32
- My Authority Website Revealed (with Eight Lessons Learned)
- #1 Trick for Identifying the Best Monetization Strategy
- The Process That Helps Me Manage an Authority Internet Business
Once you have a platform up and running, you can get started with Kindle publishing. Here are are a few posts to get started:
- How to Launch a New Website with a Free Kindle Book
- Behind the Scenes of a 20,000 Download Free Book Launch
- 7 Steps for Building a Team to “Level Up” Your Kindle Business
- Analysis: 16 Kindle Book Marketing Strategies (Dissected and Graded)
- Kindle Relationship Building: What’s Your Origin Story?
- 12 Thoughts on Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle Publishing Questions Answered (Part 1)
- Kindle Publishing Questions Answered (Part 2)
- Kindle Publishing Questions Answered (Part 3)
- Kindle Publishing Questions Answered (Part 4)
In addition to Kindle publishing, you want to focus on getting more traffic and generating additional streams of income. These posts talk about the different tactics that I’m currently applying.
- 11 Ways to Reuse Killer Blog Posts to Generate Traffic and Income
- 9 Steps for Building an Email List from Scratch
- Amazon Associates: The Best Way to Diversify Your Online Income?
- Traffic Hacking: How to Find (and Focus on) Your Top Sources of Web Traffic
- SEO 2013: The Importance of Long-Tail Keywords
- Authority Business Traffic and Income Report #1
- Authority Business Traffic and Income Report #2
- Authority Business Traffic and Income Report #3
- Authority Business Traffic and Income Report #4
While this case study is relatively new, I’ve previously published a number of blog posts that can help you grow an Authority Internet Business. I’ll admit some of these articles are dated. However, I’m still using many of the principles that I describe in each one:
- Lead Magnet: THE Secret Ingredient to Email List Building
- 23 A/B Split Tests that Get More List Subscribers
- How to Mix Broadcast Emails and Autoresponders (without Pissing Off Subscribers)
- 12 Types of Email Marketing Messages [Infographic]
- 8 “Minimalist Blog Tricks” to Build a Massive Email List
- How to Get 5293 (Automatic) Monthly Twitter Visitors
- The #1 Mistake for Converting Blog Traffic
- The Top 10 Sources of Free Traffic – DISSECTED
- How I Generated 1,861 Visitors from a Single Forum Post
- 14 Free Traffic Strategies for 2012 that DON’T Depend on Google
- 10 Ways to Use Google Analytics to Increase Web Traffic
- Bad Internet Marketing Advice: 19 Recommendations Ruining your Online Efforts
- 22 Quick Tasks that Increase Internet Income
There will be an update to the AIB case study at least once a week. So be sure to check back here for the latest post in this series.