How to Build an Authority Internet Business [A Case Study]
Welcome to the Authority Internet Business (AIB) case study!
This is a multi-year blueprint that will teach you how to build a long-term Internet business from scratch.
While many Internet experts talk about generating income, I’ll reveal every step of the process. The core example of this case study is a website I started in April 2013 (DevelopGoodHabits.com).
What I hope to do is show how you can:
- Generate income from Kindle books
- Build a high-traffic blog with loyal readers
- Leverage social media sites like YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
- Reuse content to maximize your traffic and income
- Diversify your income through affiliate marketing, information products and advertising
- Test new platforms like mobile apps and Udemy
This case study will be my focus for 2013 and 2014. So there will be a lot of content published on this page.
To make things simple, I’ve broken the articles down into specific sections:
READ THIS FIRST: An Overview of the Authority Internet Business
- 7 Simple Steps to Identifying a Profitable Authority Niche
- How to Start a Blog in One Hour – Free PDF (“Right Click” to Download)
- How to Choose a Memorable Domain Name
- How to Start a New Website for $587.32
- My Authority Website Revealed (with Eight Lessons Learned)
- #1 Trick for Identifying the Best Monetization Strategy
- SEO 2013: The Importance of Long-Tail Keywords
- How to Launch a New Website with a Free Kindle Book
- 11 Ways to Reuse Killer Blog Posts to Generate Traffic and Income
- 9 Steps for Building an Email List from Scratch
- Amazon Associates: The Best Way to Diversify Your Online Income?
- Authority Business Traffic and Income Report #1
While this case study is relatively new, I’ve previously published a number of blog posts that can help you grow an Authority Internet Business. I’ll admit some of these articles are dated. However, I’m still using many of the principles that I describe in each one:
- Lead Magnet: THE Secret Ingredient to Email List Building
- 23 A/B Split Tests that Get More List Subscribers
- How to Mix Broadcast Emails and Autoresponders (without Pissing Off Subscribers)
- 12 Types of Email Marketing Messages [Infographic]
- 8 “Minimalist Blog Tricks” to Build a Massive Email List
- How to Get 5293 (Automatic) Monthly Twitter Visitors
- The #1 Mistake for Converting Blog Traffic
- The Top 10 Sources of Free Traffic – DISSECTED
- How I Generated 1,861 Visitors from a Single Forum Post
- 14 Free Traffic Strategies for 2012 that DON’T Depend on Google
- 10 Ways to Use Google Analytics to Increase Web Traffic
- Bad Internet Marketing Advice: 19 Recommendations Ruining your Online Efforts
- 22 Quick Tasks that Increase Internet Income
There will be an update to the AIB case study at least once a week. So be sure to check back here for the latest post in this series.