Welcome to the 12th edition of the Get More Blog Traffic Blueprint. This is a weekly series I’ve created specifically designed to help dramatically increase your web stats.
In the last few sessions we’ve covered a lot of social media tactics. So let’s keep with that trend! In week 11, we discussed how to create a “mini-commercial” for a YouTube video. This is an advertisement that goes at the beginning and the end of your video.
The question is what type of content should you create?
Answering this isn’t that simple. The content really depends on your market. What works in one niche might not do well in another. So it’s important to think of different videos you can create in your market.
With that said, here are 35 ideas for your YouTube videos:
2) Provide simple “how-to” videos
3) Demonstrate the benefits of a particular website
4) Create a regular video newsletter that follows a set format
5) Record yourself in exotic locations or an interesting place
6) Rant about something niche related
7) Urge people to take action on a very specific thing
8) Ask a simple question and urge viewers to respond
9) Demonstrate a piece of software
10) Provide a tutorial that walks the viewer through a process
11) Create a list of niche related tips
12) Record a roundtable discussion with you and others discussing a hot topic
13) Narrate a journey to an interesting place
14) Do a video interview with a knowledgeable expert
15) Make a slideshow presentation talking about a particular topic
16) Take your article/blog content and make a recording of you reading it
17) Create a video montage of photos relating to your niche
18) Do something funny
19) Talk about an enjoyable hobby and how it relates to your market
20) Give a video response to another YouTube user
21) Offer a critiquing service through your site and record the results
22) Talk off the cuff about anything that pops in your head
23) Give a glimpse into what you do on a regular basis
24) Show equipment/tools that you use in a particular niche
25) Create a series of related videos that each giving an individual tip
26) Give thanks to a particular person who helped you out
27) Relate a current news item or trend to something in your niche
28) Ask random people on the street the same question and record what they say
29) Do case study in your niche
30) Have a regular talk show and invite a different guest in each one
31) Record something thought-provoking or inspirational
32) Review an affiliate product or eBook
33) Film yourself demonstrating a physical technique
34) Record a whiteboard presentation as you talk about niche-related problem
35) Host a webinar
These are just a few ideas I brainstormed today for my YouTube channel. I recommend spending a few hours and creating your own list of video ideas. Then make the commitment to create at least one a week!
I’m not saying this is an easy process. But that’s what makes it so effective. Not many Internet marketers take the time to develop a quality YouTube channel. If you regularly create unique video content, you’ll stand apart from the people who struggle to generate traffic.
Finally, I recommend you subscribe to my YouTube channel. In the next year, I’ll be putting all these ideas into practice. So you can learn a lot by studying what I create.Take Action. Get Results.