In this post, we’re going to discuss the importance of using a publishing schedule in your online business. This is something I’ve done with my ezine articles and email marketing campaigns. Now I’m doing it with this blog.
The first benefit of a publishing schedule is it allows you keep focused on the content that you’re cranking out on a weekly basis. Next, it’s an excellent place to track all the content that you’ve created in case you need to reference it in the future. Finally, publishing schedules allow you to capture ideas, flesh out blog entries and generally manage all the content you’re creating on a regular basis.
To give you an idea of how I use a publishing schedule, take a look at this video:
How a Publishing Schedule Builds Your Blog
Here a few key points and extras for this video:
- I like plan out my content 1 to 2 weeks a time while trying to be a little flexible if something comes up.
- I use green as an indicator that a post has been published, blue to show a completed action step and yellow to indicate an action that’s needed.
- Each post serves one of six purposes (Education, Resource, Personality, Blog Post Riff, Pop Culture Riff, Affiliate Presell, and Link Love)
- I like to batch certain tasks together on a weekly basis. Like finding pictures, doing keyword research, and researching links/extra content.
- A publishing schedule is an excellent place to capture ideas and potential blog posts. Having this document open at all times is a great way to make sure you jot down every thought that pops up.
- Feel free to download a free sample of my publishing schedule template. If you don’t have Excel, here’s the PDF version of this schedule.
I highly recommend using a publishing schedule if you produce a lot of content. It helps you manage your time and make sure you’re producing quality content on a regular basis.Take Action. Get Results.