I’m almost done with my travels for the summer (Just one more trip to Mississippi.) Once that’s done, I’m dedicating my time to a simple goal: Get more traffic to the Steve Scott Site.
Now, I need a strategy if I want to increase traffic. That’s why I’ve been reading a lot of content on this subject. In today’s post, I’d like to mention some of the best resources I’ve found:
1) 5 Ways Google Plus can Help Affiliate Marketing: On my blog, Peter wrote a detailed analysis of how to use the brand-new Google+ site. Some people have been raving about this service. Read this post to learn how it works and how to add it to your Internet business.
2) Web Traffic: Yes, this is a link to a blog; not a piece of content. But I want to give an overall recommendation of Ana’s Traffic Generation Cafe. This is one of my favorite destinations for staying current on web traffic strategies. So check out her latest articles and subscribe to her to RSS Feed for future updates.
3) Anatomy of Viral Post: Benny got 220,000 visitors to his site (plus an appearance on T.V.) from one post that went viral. I’m sure that’s a result we’d all like for our blog. Read his guest post on ThinkTraffic.net where he breaks down how he did it.
4) The Greatest Content Marketing Tool Ever? Recently Alex installed the Rank Tracker WordPress Plugin. In this blog post he provides a case study review on how it works. Frankly, I’m jumping all over this plugin! Rank Tracker looks like a great tool for monitoring your search engine results for specific keyword phrases.
5) 41 Tips to Significantly Improve a Blog in Less than a Month: This is an article I missed during my recent travels. It’s a great read full of detailed advice. Do just a few of these actions and you’ll see a vast improvement in your blogging results.
6) How to Become a Niche Rockstar: In this post, Glen shows how to become a leader in your niche. This is an absolute must-read for anyone who wants to build a brand around their particular interest.
7) Free Traffic without Google: The other day, Nick sent me a link to some videos he’s created. The idea here is he covers traffic strategies that don’t depend on Google search results. I know most of what he covers. But it’s definitely a great refresher for anyone who wants to get more traffic.
Bonus: Here’s an extra that I found the other day. CommentLuv is a great way to drive traffic by using well thought out comments and linking back to your marquee posts. It’s something that I use on daily basis. The good news? There is now a commentluv premium that’s available to readers. Check out this site to see what’s available with this expanded version of a great plugin.
These sites have a lot of great content. So check out each link and learn how to improve your web traffic.To Your "Internet Lifestyle",