Unfortunately some people aren’t successful when they try it. In this guest post, Jeevan shows how a bad affiliate marketing strategy might be holding you back…
Do you know why people like affiliate marketing? Because it is one of the best ways to make money through Internet.
Affiliate marketing was once the easiest way to make money online. But, things have changed now. If you really want to succeed today, you have to work (there is no easy way!)
With more people competing, with more people wanting to make money in less than a(n) hour. It is really hard. But, fear not. There is a good news to everyone who is starting out with affiliate marketing.
What you need to do is come up with a good strategy or plan that works. In this blog post, we are going to talk about coming up with this plan and how you can get ahead (and make some cash online).
You can’t make money by pushing a button! If you want to make money, then you have to work. Then, you have to invest time and money. Just don’t expect to make money by buying one of those “push button money making softwares”. There is more to affiliate marketing than that.
Hard Core Researching – What’s your Strategy?
Do you have a strategy? To succeed in affiliate marketing, you need to have a strategy that works. What you need to do is outline your ideas, read various books and articles about affiliate marketing, take the best ideas out of them and apply it to your own strategy. Refine your readings, find out the best techniques, improve them if necessary, apply them to your strategy.
So, how can you come up with good ideas? Through research. Research helps you to discriminate between the strategies that work with those that aren’t worth a penny.
The ones who want to make money (and who don’t really want to do the work) makes money by tricking people. They make products (that aren’t actually worth anything, especially in today’s market) and make money by selling them. Coming up with good ideas is just the first part of it, you also need to do some experimentation to refine out the ideas and find the best ones.
Steps you need to take:
1. Take a piece of paper and write down what you know about affiliate marketing
2. Put the paper aside and do your research.
3. Find out the big guys in Affiliate marketing, read their articles and tips.
4. Write down what you learned from them (note down the tips).
5. Refine the ideas (find out which of them can be experimented with).
6. Experiment and find out what works out for you
7. Add them to your strategy. Don’t forget to add your own twist to the technique.
Experiment your Strategies
Once you have developed several clear strategies in your mind, experiment with them. For instance, you could try split testing your email titles, message, intros etc. See which one works out best for your subscribers.
You could also try out giving freebies to your subscribers (this could help you to keep the open rates up and above). You should experiment with every little piece of your strategy. Even a slight change can bring a huge difference in the outcome.
Let me give you an example:
Let’s say you have a blog and you make money by marketing through emails. Let’s also say you are not focusing on the number of subscribers; rather on a list of people who are really willing to pay for the products you recommend. Let’s also imagine that you are using a popup software to increase your subscriber count.
Now, you could try optimizing your popup time delay so that it only captures people who really like your content. For instance, you could set the popup for 15-30 seconds (the people that are in this time slot have already told you that they are interested in your content). And you could capture those leads and convert them into buyers.
There are plenty of ways through which you can make money online. And there are millions of changes that you can make to increase your revenue through affiliate marketing.
What else do I need to do?
Now, if you already have a good strategy, then there are some things that you can do to improve your affiliate marketing commissions.
- When it comes to writing reviews, don’t make them boring. Instead make those review posts interesting and entertaining to read. For instance, you could add examples and analogies to make it more interesting. You need to make “them” read your post. While you are at it, use call to action and several persuasive techniques to make them to buy the product.
- Be honest. Write honest reviews. Your readers will truly appreciate it.
- Add too little links to your Review post. This technique works out perfectly. You know, human mind is not motivated to take action by something that is in excess. We are motivated by the limited resources. Think about it, people like Diamonds and all those minerals that aren’t “common”. When it comes to review posts, add one or two links (add them towards the end of the post).
- Get special offer for your site readers only. You need to make your visitors feel that you consider them as important and special people. People tend to buy more when they feel that you consider them as special.
- Give them what they want. Add a poll to your site. Ask you site readers what they expect from your reviews (what product offers). Add different categories as answer (like electronics). Start recommending products from best answers.
So, are you in?
As I mentioned earlier, you still have a big chance. A chance that will help you to get ahead. And you don’t need the big gurus helping you. You can do it, all by yourself. You just need to believe in your abilities. Make a strategy. Experiment with it. Tweak it. Develop a plan (schedule). Work. Focus. And Achieve Success. Just do it.
Author Bio: Hey, My name is Jeevan Jacob John. I am young blogger who likes to share tips and tricks on building a successful blog. I try my best to come up with new analogies and perspectives to make it easier for others to understand. You can find me at my hub -www.Techpupil.comTake Action. Get Results.
P.S. Struggling with your Kindle books? Don't know how to get started on Amazon? Looking to generate an additional stream of income?
If so, click here to grab my free report "44 Answers to YOUR Kindle Publishing Questions"